The urban jungle

The term "Urban Jungle" has always eluded me. Perhaps it was because of the similar appearance of certain features such as street lamps and trees or perhaps drains and rivers. Whatever the reason might be, I never paused to give it much consideration. However I did get a small gist of it during the period I was in Singapore.

I hardly ever return back to Singapore and it has been years since I ran in Singapore. As I wanted to start building up my endurance once again, I made the resolution to begin running when I returned back to Singapore during the Super Junior concert. Due to the fact that the routes suggested to me by my grandparents were too short to my liking, I decided see where the wind took me and ran where I wanted to go, when I wanted to go.

I began my journey at around 7 in the morning and began my trip by jogging around an area called Bukit Purmei, an area not far from VivoCity. I began by making my climb up a small hill which had a jogging track way too small for my liking. I then began running up another, much bigger hill which brought me to Safra Bukit Timah. For then on I began running downhill, towards landmarks that peaked my interest.

As I began this I slowly became lost in this "Urban Jungle" and began to find adventure in a world already charted in the eyes of the human race. As exaggerated many times by the National Geographic Channel, "getting lost" is one of the best ways to find adventure. And that is what I seemed to have done on that particular day. Unfortunately, when I finally found my bearings, I was extremely far away from home and committed a large amount of time to jogging/walking home.

However if you do visit Singapore I do recommend just doing what I did and just run where the wind takes you! You never know what you might find!

Note: The picture specified is Vivocity, one of the malls I have passed by on my running expedition. It is also considered the biggest mall in Singapore unless I'm mistaken.

Comments

Popular Posts