The education system: are we going to fast?

Today marked the beginning of my IGCSE mathematics exams. It was only unfortunate that day was a week before my Year 10 end-of-year exams. Although it does not mean as much to me as the IGCSE exams, it is obviously still a very important one, one that I must study hard for. Unfortunately, the IGCSE exams took greater importance and I reallocated all my time into revising for that test instead, something that I still do not regret as all the hard work has paid off when I found myself finding the paper surprisingly easy (touch wood). It was for this reason that I did not write a post last week, of which I should have. This is also due to the fact that I have a Chinese Paper 2 examination paper to do on Friday, also an IGCSE exam.

This part of my life would be challenging, but no doubt easier than the next year, where I will be taking the rest of my exams. It is really sad realizing the fact that after Year 10, everything slowly becomes more and more challenging as you have to start taking control of your life. Some people in my school obviously can't handle it. This is also due to the fact that the time we have to study the hardest is also the time we are reaching the most troubling parts of our teenage life, with us being directly halfway through puberty. We start considering and looking at life in a totally different way. We start asking all sorts of questions that we would otherwise wouldn't consider asking. "Am I gay?" "What is love?" "What is life?" "What does the future hold for me?". We think about these questions constantly while studying for exams. Even when we know how important the exams are to us, it all means nothing if we cannot get our emotions solved. This could sometimes be the reasons that people don't do as well as they imagined for the their major exams. Perhaps if they did it at a later time they would have done better? However this cannot be as the world will pass us by as we do so. Perhaps the human race is advancing at a rate that some cannot catch up? That is definitely so.

This does not mean that I am personally falling behind in my work. I am just concerned for students are. I just wish that they learn to control their emotions until after the test. This is just fruit for thought that I have been thinking about for quite a while. However, I have digressed way too far to remember what I have been writing about in the first place! How exasperating! However this is a good topic to be asked and I wish to write about this. What do you think? Are we going to fast for the world to follow? What should we do about it?

Comments

Popular Posts