The Olympic Disappointment

There are a number of reasons why I have failed to keep up with the Olympics, many of which are just excuses I have made to perhaps justify my conscience that what I had done, or am now doing, is completely relevant. Nevertheless the events are very entertaining when I come to chance upon them while my brother's are flicking through channels and spend some time watching it.

One of the reasons that I am not very up-to-date on the Olympics to the standard that I had previously wished to be was because of the rising opportunity cost during the holidays. Upon reaching Jakarta, I soon realised how important and crucial this current holiday is. This is the biggest holiday of the year and I would be a fool to waste it away on things that I will probably never use in the future. I am not implying the fact that the Olympics is a waste of time, however it is something that will rarely be brought up in conversations in the future, depending on who you are conversing with. This time could be better spent on something more worthwhile, something that will help you in the future. I have thus been investing my time in my education during my holidays, an unprecedented event of which I will cherish the fruits of my labour as soon as school opens once again for another semester.



The second reason would be because of the fact that I am not accustomed to watching TV for a long period of time unless there is some sort of objective which I want to accomplish, of which watching the TV would help me do so. Such examples are trying to complete the series of documentaries which I had bought in an attempt to broaden my knowledge on the things around us and the things that we have yet to see. Such examples are documents based on the universe and theoretical physics, of which we can never actually see with our naked eye (or in this universe, in that matter) but can use a series of mathematical equations to justify that the presence of something is indeed there. However I digress. What I wish to express onto my readers is that fact that watching the television has always gave me the implication that it is a waste of time; of which it can be better spent doing something else. This is a rather twisted implication as I usually and probably the same amount of time that the average person watches television playing games instead. Why it is so I cannot explain, nor wish to consider or analyse as I can foresee that argument going in circles, of which I can see no ending to.

There are many other reasons why I do not watch the Olympic Games although for the sake of this blog post I will not go into at the current moment. However I wish the competitors and participants good luck and wish that they do the best they can for this event, of which only comes every four years.  

Comments

Popular Posts