My Little Project

Hello again readers,

I was up all night yesterday embarking of a little project of mine.
Being in an international school, one could obviously meet many people with different interest and cultures. Earlier this year I had the chance to meet somebody with a strange interest: an interest for astrophysics. His love for physics has made him have a higher level of respect for physics as a whole. Therefore he enjoys theoretical physics, my area of interest, to a certain extent of course.

It is because of our mutual interest in physics and my influence as a student council member, a position of power, that we decided to collaborate to attempt to set up our own activity in school. This is obviously an unprecedented event in my school unlike others, using my stereotypes of the media, one can easily set up their own activity with approval. I don't think there has ever been a student lead activity in the school. However this friend of mine is determined to make it work. I is basically a rough plan, and he is very daunted by the thought of failure, so for the time being it is just a draft. We have no idea where we want to room to be located, or what the activity will be composed of. However he wishes the activity to be based around physics. However one of the things I doubt he would do is to talk about conventional physics at all. I am definitely sure he would uses this as an opportunity to express his prowess in the area of discussion (although flawed in my opinion).



Despite his interest, he fails to justify his work and provide any examples, making his word unverifiable unless checked with a teacher who gives another meaning, which made more sense by the ones previously said by him. However his love for physics is real, and I have given him my word to try and get the activity going using my position of power. For the meantime, we have spent the night setting up a new website for the world; similar to the things that we will be covering in the activity IF it were to get approved. One could ask questions, propose theories (which I could be able to evaluate and determine probable of false; of course we can't ever prove it... or can we?) and listen to the lectures of our own. There is not much on the website now, for we have just begun posting. However I will not be transferring all data based on physics over to the website, including my well done explanation of Shrodinger's Cat (even if I do say so myself). The link to the website will be posted below and on the blog as a widget on the left. If you have any comments about the website, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Link:
The Modern World and Theoretical Physics

Comments

Popular Posts