New Year's Eve

It's New Year's Eve, and that bittersweet moment returns as you start to recall all the things you have done for the last 364 days, both good and bad. Even though I personally think it was a bad year for me, I psychology kicks in and we start to want something that slowly fades away, we don't want 2012 to end. But whether we like it or not, it will go, so instead of focusing on the past, let's focus on the future. Let's celebrate being able to live through the past year in the first place. To be blessed enough not to be caught in any political turmoil or to be caught in financial problems. Of course this is not always the case for everyone, but for those who are not in such problems, we should be thankful to not even receive such a stressing problem this year and pray for the ones who do.

As this year ends, a new one begins, and I hope to do well this year, especially with my IGCSE tests that I will be taking soon and the future that I would have to think about. I am sure that I am not the only one and that there are many other people hoping for something better in the future. Overall, all I want to be in the future can all be described in one word: "Happy", and I'm sure that despite what people say about wanting a new car in the future, or other material devices, they all crave for that feeling of just feeling satisfied with life emotionally.

So I look at the new year with a clean slate and a new life, a way to start things afresh. I'll be a new person, with a new attitude to make and a new image to forge.

So I wish you a very Happy New Year, and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1..

Comments

Popular Posts