Moving into the new apartment

I must say that at first the move to my new apartment was quite a hectic one, with my mum stressing anything and everything there was to possibly stress about. The apartment also denied us access to the movers being able to move any furniture in as it was already past the time allocated and it was thus too late to bring anything in. Therefore I had to spend the night without any books for school the next day nor did I have any chargers for any of my electronic devices. However, a few days later, when we unpacked all the boxes and started rearranging the things, the apartment started to look more and more like a home.

There are still a few facilities that I have not had the chance to go to yet such as the restaurant or the gym, which I doubt I will go to both places. However, what saddens me is the fact that the state of the pool was not as good as the one in my previous apartment. That being said, the old apartment has been around for about 5 years and of course had to build its way up slowly to what it is now. Therefore I am sure that given a few years this apartment would be no different. It is a new apartment in itself after all with only a 50% vacancy at the moment (which is also one of the reasons that we moved here. There's no fight over public facilities... yet) and I am sure that as its revenue starts to rise, so will the quality of the facilities. Not saying that the pool here is bad though, all I am saying is that it is worse than my old one, which was already at top notch. However I digress.

One thing that saddens me at the moment is the fact that we have no internet. Since we live already on a high level, I have trouble using cellular data to connect to the internet which may be a little strange as one might think the lack of obstacles would help. Therefore I would have to use the business room downstairs, which is what I am doing now. I soon found out that the place was mostly lived in by the Japanese community in Jakarta. This was most probably one of the reasons why I found the place so quiet at night and why the business room was so deserted (I'm actually the only one in it) and why all the default language on the computer, as well as the keyboard, is set in the Japanese style and format. I was slightly amused at the fact over how they had the fastest internet I've ever seen in Indonesia as well. However, as soon as the internet comes on in my apartment I hope to never have to use this computer in a long time, as the mosquitoes attacking me now are killing me.



How about you my dear readers? Anything new happen with you? Tell me about it!

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts