Update

There's no other way to better sum up the contents of this post than what is already said on the title. Some days I would be talking about the economy, another day a philosophical issue about life, studying or the concept of education, but today's post is all about me: this post is an update on my life.

The days go by and the drone of everyday life continues. Routine by routine, we get through the day unscathed. No news is good news. But something changes in our routine; within routine there is a sense of randomness, things that are not the same despite you doing the same things over and over again. These routines allow you to make new friends, develop skills that you would otherwise never be able to learn and overall make these routines worth doing over and over again.

My life get's easier and easier to live by as I start getting used to these routines. I start looking forward to going to school, I start looking forward to certain activities after school and life in my perception starts to look more and more positive.

There are many adaptations that I have made compared to my life in Singapore, whether for the better or worse remains a mystery. One thing that I have not gotten used to is the amount of money it takes to get by in Singapore, and how I always have to keep asking my parents for money over and over again so as to make certain payments with the school (I am hoping that I will never get used to the latter).

Prices in Singapore continue to be high, and with me yet to receive my concession card, transport remains to be expensive, with a minimum of 73 cents a bus fare. Nevertheless, time will go on, but I hope not to get used to the bus fares. Being price sensitive continues to be one of my favourite traits despite being raised in an high income family.

As life goes on I truly can't wait to see what the future will bring and what excitement awaits me in the future.



Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

  1. hello matthew :) i've been reading your blog for quite some time now and I must say that it's incredibly interesting! Cheers xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts