The Music Industry

One of the things that make life worth living is music. Besides the chirping of the birds, the whistling of the winds or the rustling of the leaves, music is one of the other things that I listen to that allow me to take a step back and imagine my happy place; a place where there is no negative behaviour, a place with no stress and a place where feelings are sincere before I step back into reality and get back to the stresses of everyday life. Aside from the usual adrenaline-inducing noise that I listen to (mostly dubstep, techno and any other genre's that doesn't involve lyrics), when I feel a need to relax I play songs that I consider art. These usually come from bands that will be remembered through the ages. These include The Beatles, Coldplay and piano pieces, whether new or old. 

In addition I like to listen to the latest hits that do not include any form of computer generated tunes with lyrics that do not include crude words like 'sex' and 'bitch' or any form of derogatory words. If it were up to me such words would never be used in an art like music in my happy place. 

However much the former is a developing industry and earning more and more money, the latter seems to be falling away, with less music being produced that I refer to as art. There is a reason that music is considered an art, and there will be one day that people will one day treat it as so. 

Music has the power to change emotions. It has the power to make people agitated and the power to make people feel a warmth that can otherwise not be induced. I really hope that people understand the power of music one day and use it to stir emotions in others rather than make money in this ever selfish world that we are growing in.


Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts