Completely knackered

As a young boy growing up in a British school and having read a lot of "Cherub" by Robert Muchamore, I quickly got used to the British term "knackered' and although many don't use the term here, I find that the word "knackered" is the most appropriate term to describe what I feel like now.



I have just completed a lot of work over the past four days and as a week long holiday approaches, I can't help but to go straight into holiday mode. I've had a good afternoon sleep and spent a long time not doing any work today. However I still feel unrested. What's been bugging me over the days is the fact that my extended essay is coming up and yet I fail to come up with a title that is not too hard nor too easy. The idea that I have involving particle physics is possible, but may prove to be unfeasible given the equipment that my school has. I have already messaged multiple universities for help in terms of equipment on the issue but I have yet to receive confirmation. I do hope that it will be able to go through, lest I will be in really deep trouble. The deadline is in 18 days, so in essence I don't have a lot of time.

With tests coming up, the holiday proves to be anything but. Already I have a rough study schedule in my head and with everyone else doing the same, finding time to relax with friends will be a hard task to carry out. Alas this is one of the stresses of IB. But as most people tell me, "You're only in IB1! No stress!". With all the coursework that contributes to our final grade in the IB, I find that statement hard to believe. Also in a country as competitive in Singapore, many look at you with disdain should you do badly for your tests, especially for a council member who is supposed to be well reputed to be able to keep on top of his studies and of course be one of the best in school.

The life as a Singaporean is hard, and I'm not going to deny that. But as many of my teachers have said before, there's no need to be stressed. All you need to do is be organised, then you'll be merely busy. I think my time of busy-ness has ended, so a well deserved break is in order.



Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts