Christmas!

There are many things that I love about Christmas. Aside from being 12 days it gives me an excuse to relax and not do anything (something that I already have been doing for the past weeks). But most importantly it brings the family together. The family members who I don't see for the whole year or family members on the other side of the world all meet up on one single day on one location to celebrate family. My family, usually broken up by family disputes, throw aside their differences for one day just to celebrate being together (which is rather ironic because on any other time of the year, each other's presence would be much less than celebrated).

Although it starts a little early in Singapore, I like the Christmas carols that people sing and the Christmas decorations that everyone puts up. I like the Christmas wishes which, considering that a lot of Singaporeans celebrate Christmas even though they are atheist, can be used as a universal greeting at this time of the year.

Next year is going to be a tough year for me. There are big exams coming up and I plan to study hard for it. No more playing around. It's time to get my life in order. However talk is nothing, and I am determined to put those words into action, starting with boycotting myself from playing anymore League of Legends. That will be next year of course. Now if the time to relax as much as possible.

Not to say that I haven't been doing any work though. I have been trying to complete my homework, albeit one small step at a time, which doesn't seem like a very hard compromise.

Merry Christmas my dear readers, and have a Happy New Year.



Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts