As a child, I was grown up thinking that time spent not doing anything was wasted time. It was only when I grew up did I realise that these times were  one of the most useful moments of my life. Unlike any other child, I thought about philosophical questions that many today adults fail to question. Is the sky truly limitless? This was one of the questions that I asked myself as a kid. And although that may sound like a very trivial question to many my method of thinking was something even today I considered very unique. Here's what I came up with:

So if the sky is limited what is that bright light that I see every morning that people call "The Sun" or the white part  of the sky that people call "clouds"? It's not impossible to imagine that they were artificial. 
Apart from the bottom slimy looking bit, this was the image that I had.

Considering that the sky was artificial, it would be beneficial for the Earth to be spherical, as it would enable a easy rotation scheme that could be automatically set to go on indefinitely.
Now that we have considered the idea of the sky being artificial, how was it built? Well, similar to how a snow globe could be easily covered in darkness with a blanket, perhaps the Earth was covered with a dark layer of cloth or another light absorbent material as well. That could easily account for the night time. The light sources that come through that appear as white as paper could have come from some external source outside the globe; a world that we have yet to see. The blue sky that we see in the day could have easily been done with a translucent filter and random weather such as wind and hurricanes could be independent of the dome and could be generated purely by the Earth's climate. 

This train of thought will often break after some time due to other things that I have to do which at the time were things like "watching tv" or "it was my turn to play computer games". But one way or another I always came back to the same question. Some people often ask me why I think such useless thoughts but to me I feel like it's impossible to not think such thoughts. Although they have no specific application in life, many will agree with me when I say that it does allow you to think outside the box and have a different way of thinking relative to other people. 

Of course, that was not the end of it, and at some point it would always lead me back to the existence of God. Using this example, I will show you how.

But alas time is short, and I will post the next section of this post next week!
The next two questions I asked shortly after was:
  • Who created this seemingly unlimited sky
  • Why was this sky created?
Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts