Visiting Jakartian friends

It is the end of May, which means that for many IB students across the world their exams are over. This is especially so for my friends in Indonesia, who now spend the gap between their exam dates and their exam results travelling the world, moving house or just hanging out with their friends every week.

For me, it means that at the moment where I still have school to attend and IB to finish, I have to make time to see my friends who come over to Singapore, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I am close to burning out at the moment. The motivation for me find any additional work is zero. I have finished my TOK essay and my EE. At the current moment I can't find any work to do, and even if I did deadlines will be far away.

So much has changed since I left. Some people have changed for the worse, and some people have changed for the better. Others have started dating, while others remain single and exactly the same.

Life after IB is supposed to be the best part of your life. You will have the chance to travel the world, meet new friends, learn new cultures... You will be able to pick the subject you want to study with the gap month of being able to do whatever you like. Isn't that the life? Even today many adults remember the days before their college years and their college years, and I hope that for me it becomes the best years of my life (God knows that the teenage years have already let me down).

Life is strange. I find that time passes me more quickly as I get older, and that's probably because the time that passes in proportion gets less and less with every day that passes. Soon enough a week feels like a day, a year feels like a day and before I know it I would be an adult going into the world. I can't wait, yet there is a sense of fear, and I suppose it is natural to feel that way.

Whatever happens in life, whatever turmoils I go through, I will always document it here. My weekly journal of memoirs.



Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts