Back from New Zealand!

Apologies for not posting for over two weeks. I had a two week vacation in New Zealand. Although the sights were something to look at, it is easy to get bored of the countryside life. Nowhere in the southern islands can you find flashy cars going down the roads, people who don't want to talk to you and flashy skyscrapers. People in New Zealand are happy and easy going. They seem to have all the time in the world for anyone at all with a beautiful landscape to match. However much I enjoyed the atmosphere, it is not the harsh dog-eat-dog world that I live in, and I'd rather go back to the place where everything seems more real. However, me being a city child, I'm just happy to have my WiFi.

I will be posting a few observations of New Zealand over the course of the next few days to come, so please do look forward to that. If I have time I will also be going to do an overhaul of everything that's going on in my life. It's time to throw those IB notes away and enjoy the emptied space in my room. It's time to curl up by my bed and read an interesting book, or sit down and watch some documentaries. Although I say this, I'm pretty sure that after a while things will go back to the way it was, and nothing would have really changed. But one can sure stay hopeful. 

New Year's day marked the end of the most stressful time of my life academically, and I am glad that it's over. Unfortunately I doubt my marks made the scratch to be able to go overseas in my father's perspective, and just through a simple click I have determined the course of my life for the next five years. I will be doing some research to see what limited choices I have over here and making some choices then. 

Do be sure to check the blog regularly for any updates... although that I doubt many would want to hear about my personal experiences rather than personal perspectives about current affairs or social concepts, which I should really start doing again. Until I do so, please continue to be the loyal readers that you all are. 


Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts