Death

These past few days have not been kind on me. Every where I look death lingers around me. Over the past few days I have been forced to endure the death of one of my school mates, as well as another person who remains unknown to everyone reading this blog but me. I was never close to these two individuals, but one of which I knew enough to call a friend.

Yesterday I attended the wake for my friend, and my body felt was on the verge of collapse as I saw the body, the image still drilled into my head. He was 18, nobody deserves to die at 18. I remembered him in class, as noisy as ever, a smile always on his face as he tried his hardest in his studies. I only have one photo of him, and I'll attach it at the end of the post, lest I lose it somewhere.

What's saddest about everything is not about the death itself, but of the sadness of the people they love, and its for them I cry for. The story of how your father has to live the rest of his life thinking that he has failed his job in making his son happy, and how the society we have created for us is not suited for every one. When someone is on their deathbed and you hear descriptions of how good and kind he was here on Earth from the close family that loves him so dearly, you can't help but cry a little... cry a lot.

I don't feel like doing much today, but I know that I should get out of the house. Yet this feeling of dread and sadness is something I want to dwell in today and I don't want to move at all. Writing has always been the best way for me to release my feelings from my heart onto a piece of paper, or at least in this case a screen, and perhaps that's what I'm doing right now.

But for my readers out there who are dealing with similar problems, remember that we'll see them soon enough in a world better than this one. And, as I have said before, the lives of the person that he/she has touched will remain in our hearts. Maybe we'll see them in his or her best friends, or in his or her family members. Either way their actions will never be forgotten, and neither should their memory.

Rest in Peace David, may you always have this smile on your face in the life after this :)
I'll never forget you

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts