Free time

Applications for jobs have gone dry with no replies (no one wants an employee that can only work for 2 months anyway), and everyone else has something to do. Often enough I'd see some of my friends when I go out, but my desire to save money means that I spend most of my time at home watching a movie, playing games or reading books. Adverse to what some might suspect, I still haven't gotten bored after a few months, and that may be partly due to my travelling recently. In a week I may be going to Penang with my family, but that just remains a plan still not confirmed.

At times I do feel like I am wasting my life as I just finish playing a round of League of Legends, but I suppose I won't get to do this very often soon enough when I enlist in April. What I really am worried about is being unable to fulfill my expectations of not only my direct family, but of my extended family who inquire about what my next stage of life entails. Being unable to answer their question with nothing but the statement "relax and enjoy before National Service" is not only embarrassing to them, but to some extent embarrassing to me and those who associate themselves with me.

In the second that I am writing this I am watching Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade, and the more time I invest into this post the more I feel that my argument becomes more and more valid. For today, I will finish this movie, have a snack, finish my book and play a few more games and I would have a day well spent. Perhaps it is not a day I will remember nor is it a day worth remembering, but it is a day I will enjoy experiencing nonetheless.



Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts