Hearthstone

I don't really spend time to make posts about video games, especially when it stresses on about the amount of video games I play during my duration of my National Service. However I find playing and talking about games quite therapeutic in trying to forget the time I have in the army, whether or not I'm trying to forget past experiences of future anxieties, and there is a game that I'd like to talk about a bit more superfluously. Of course, the name of the game is already stipulated in the title.

During my time within the army I have played and honed my skills in a game called Hearthstone. Although I have played the game prior to enlisting, I did not play as much as I do now, much less to the skill that I possess now. There are few things that I am proud of during my term here on Earth, but this is definitely one of them. As of today I have hit Rank 5 which in the 2 percentile region of all players on the server. Of course there are players better than me and there are many reasons why I am in such a high region, but nevertheless this is my achievement and I am proud to have it. Hearthstone is a fun puzzle game with very interesting animations (in fact, the slickness of the animations is one of the reasons why I have stuck with the game over any other online card game).

The rules of the game are simple:


  • Each player has 30 card slots to make a deck.
  • With the deck, the aim of the match is to get your opponent's health total to zero (the number below the opponent portrait)
  • You do so by playing minions, which stay on the board to do damage, or spells, which do damage for that one particular turn unless otherwise stated.
  • That's it!


Image result for hearthstone board

Of course the rules are simple, but the game play is not so, especially when this is the first game you have played. There are many ways to screw up your turn, especially if not executed in the right order. Additionally you need knowledge of the cards played and every deck in the game. Therefore what you need is experience rather than knowledge of how to play games in general. Therefore you see a lot of casual gamers playing this game.

I hope to see you in the game soon! If you do ever pick it up seriously be sure to message me!

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts