In search of literature of my own

I've always been a great fan of literature, no matter the language. Although my knowledge of literature only stretch to those of an English background and nature, I do take fascination in those of other countries, particularly ones that have changed political history. No names come to mind, but I tend to buy the English translations of those books (although I should really try to read it in their own language for the full experience).

I've always tried to write literature of my own. In fact, I just recently rediscovered a blog which I hold my favourite poems written by yours truly and I have so many ideas for books that I have on my computer that I have failed to finish. However upon reading them again I find that they hold no artistic influence that would be easily found in the works of Franz Kafka or Shakespeare. I find it unfortunate that I am unable to portray the thoughts in my head in a way that can be appreciated by everyone, especially by myself. It is difficult to portray the emotions and perspective(s) of the moment you are trying to capture in a way that you don't have to explicitly say it. I personally feel as if one may have a natural knack for writing in such a way while some do not, me being included in the latter.

Nevertheless I am, after many tries, still in the process of writing my own story. Whether in the form of short stories or one of a long and deep profound nature, I don't think I will stop until I write a book with a storyline that I can appreciate. The writing style will change with time, and I hope that when I come to a standard that I deem entertaining enough I will be able to adapt the storyline to my preferred writing style. I am working on one now, and I do hope that in time you will be able to see it come into fruition, even if it's the last thing I do on this Earth.





Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts