Finding something to do in Jakarta

Two weeks after my Vietnam trip, it is time to go off on another overseas adventure, this time to Jakarta! Back to what I consider my real home after leaving it for so very long. There are a few things that I have to accomplish during my trip, and it does make me feel very good that I'm making progress now towards my future rather than just waiting for time to pass me by as I have done for the last two weeks. 

First things first would probably get a new stylish haircut. One thing about Indonesia is that the labour is cheap, and a ten dollar haircut will get you a very stylish haircut, and two hair washes: one before and one after cutting your hair. I have never seen more value for anything before. 

The next one would probably be to make my suit in preparation for my uncle's wedding in France. I'm thinking of getting a dark blue, three-piece suit which goes with a nice watch which I plan to buy later in the year. However with the price range being beyond my affordability, the decision would probably be up to my parents. However one can always dream of the platonic ideal ~ 

Lastly would be to eat and enjoy the foods that I have missed for a very long time. There are many foods that I missed, with the original taste being forgotten in Singapore. There are also many franchises that have yet to make their entrance into Singapore, probably because of the high(er) start up costs in Singapore. I do hope that I do not have a lot of friends to meet up with, for I have a lot to do in a very short period of time. But should the opportunity arise I should meet up with them. They never forget about calling me when they come into Singapore, so I should be the same likewise. Therefore I simply have to hope that they are not available, lest this short trip prove to be quite the busy ordeal instead. 

And thus, I leave with happiness in my heart, and adventure in sight.

Cheers,
Matthew Tan


Comments

Popular Posts