A Cog in the Capitalist Machine

Dear Reader,

In my attempts to get my parents off my back about not having a progressive life of fulfilment, I have decided to go in search of a job or internship.The main objective was not to make money, but to find a priceless experience to pass the next three months. After great deliberation, I have found myself at an internship with my friend whose mother is one of the board members.

The task has proved interesting at times, but at many other times it has proved to be a gruelling task and at times I was trying very hard to find the passion and drive to complete the work, when every task that was given to me was programmed to chink away at my drive to be useful. At the end of the day, I have figured out that I was ensnared into a life entitled "Corporate life" by which I am forced to work inefficient working hours for the purpose of making money, to spend money in order to comfort myself from the discomfort caused from the work I do. An endless downward spiral into the void of my life. In retrospect, it is good practice for the world that I am forced to live to, and works in trying to get rid any ambitions I have in ever working in an office.

But there are merits to my suffering, I am much more aware of how people do not understand how to start something, and it is comforting to know that people are as clueless as me when it comes into things that I do not understand. This has given me inspiration to start up a company as well, for I can no longer understand how one can live through the drone of every day office life.

Tomorrow proves to be a friday. I have finally assimilated into society for I, like every other member of society, wish for the life of weekdays to be over for the life of weekends; essentially wishing for 5/7th of my life to disappear.

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts