Yet another Japanese Holiday

Life seems to be suffering one way or the other: the rich suffer from being rich, and the poor suffer from being poor. In my case, I slaved away with too much to do for exams, and I expected to be bored with nothing to do when it was all over.

How wrong I was.

My first week of holidays was pretty much as fantastic as I imagined it to be. I spent almost every day outside of the house meeting different people that I have not met in a long time, or meeting new people that I have never met before. I had friends come over another day, or attended a lesson for a certification in AED and CPR in the next. And after that was all over I was immediately wooshed off to Otaru, Japan. As I write I am cozied up in my nice hostel, which is empty and as a quiet as can be, and thinking only of what fun and tasty food tomorrow will bring.

Throughout this period I have also set aside time for reading and personal hobbies. My chess playing rating has dropped recently but I do hope to bring it up, as my ratings usually fluctuate over time with an upward trend. In the space of 4 days I have also finished another book, and am looking forward to finishing the next one in a few days to come. There has also been thought about a new story to add on to my list of writings, but that is in the works in the background of my every day life. The ideas come and go by itself, as if another me in the background was compiling the story before presenting it to my conscious front-end self.

Life is good, and as much as I wish every day to be equally as enjoyable, I find it sad that every day is not so. There are happy days and there are bad days. It is unfortunate thay their intensity or frequency is not in the one-to-one ratio. However I suppose we close our eyes and do nothing but work, hoping that in the end all will turn out for the better.

Cheers and I will try to post again soon.
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts