End of the first year of university

Hello readers,

A lot has happened since my last post. My previous post quality has been quite dismal, but it does capture the essence of how I felt at the time. School was hectic and I was enjoying it. I was joining all sorts of CCAs and life felt bright. I am quite burnt out from all that I did in school but I must admit that I wouldn't have traded it for another experience, although there are some things that I would have done better. Nonetheless, it was a learning experience for me that I wish to remember for the rest of my short life.

I am now in my study week, and I am quite happy that there are no obligations for me to go to campus because I have been quite ill and it has been a good opportunity to get some rest and sleep, as well as to study at my own pace. However, whenever I am home I find myself bogged down by some unseen force, as if a haze has covered my sight and I am unable to think and see clearly, as if driven by some chemical in the air conditioning unit. Fortunately for me, I am getting better, and expect to be out and about soon. Tomorrow I will be studying with friends on campus, and I do hope that I will be able to spend some time with people I haven't met in a long time while being able to get some revision done.

Reflecting on this semester has given me a lot of bittersweet memories. There was the time I was utterly stunned by the beauty of a girl and for short period of time and I felt the rush as I realised I was infatuated all over again as if pushed back to my junior college days. There were times when I felt the weight on my shoulders as I was offered a job on a solid team as a financial consultant and lastly times when I wanted to crawl into a hole and die as I realised that my group project had something missing and we spent a long time rectifying the problem.

So the whole semester has been quite the emotional roller coaster, and I think I did quite a good job of summing it into one small paragraph. Of course, for my readers, it is a small paragraph but for me it meant the world compressed into three short months. I would elaborate further, but all in due time when the memory has become an experience, and I have enough time to begin another short story writing journey with me, my laptop and my imagination stretching to the far ends of the universe.

Cheers,
Matthew Tan


Comments

Popular Posts