Internship Time!

Over the past few weeks, I have been busy with an internship at a place in Singapore called Prive Technologies. As such, life has been quite busy, and I think I learned a lot so far even though I cannot really place what it is. Perhaps it is learning what it is like to work in a fun and exciting work atmosphere where there are many projects going on and everyone is involved in everything else. However, work has seemed very much similar to my AIESEC work in school, where I prospect and market and correspond with different companies to offer our services or potential partnerships and as such, I don't feel like I have learned anything technical in this job, although in hindsight I don't think work is very technical unless you work in a very specialized sector. I do work with a software developer in one of my many projects, so I think my life would be more like his. He always seems busy and everyone needs help from him so I do hope he is well compensated and that he is treated well in the HK office.

Last week I was swarmed with work and I didn't feel like I would be able to get anything done. I am quite surprised that I find myself free and thus do have time to blog to make up for the weeks that I have not done so. Time has flown by, and it has been more than a month since I blogged, although to me it only felt like a week. 

I feel like I should use this rare opportunity to start writing again, but with so much on my mind no creative juices have been flowing. I was thinking of writing a psychedelic fantasy, which will really stretch the limits of my creativity with the Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" as a template, but we will have to see. 

Hopefully, this has proved to be a concise update on what is going on. Life has been quite hectic, but hopefully, this free time period will last for a while although I doubt it. I have a meeting from 12pm to 3pm today (not sure how I will get lunch), and I'm sure I will be quite busy again then. 

Cheers,
Matthew Tan


Comments

Popular Posts