The End of My Internship

These past 10 weeks have been a massive blur. It seemed like I just joined the company for the first day and then left it the next. Accenture has been such an eye-opening experience to me and I am just happy to be part of it all. 

There are so many things that I want to document but can only keep to myself due to the confidential nature of the company. I can't really say which department I got posted to or what project I worked on, but I can say that I worked in the tech delivery sector as a functional analyst. I do hope that my future self will be able to use those triggers to jog my memory. 

There were many things that I learned during my internship, and I just want to list them down for future reference. Hopefully you, as my readers, would be able to apply these points to your own professional lives as well.

Matt's tips and lessons learned from his internship at Accenture:

  • Learn the informational requirements for the task that you have been given
    • What do I need to know?
    • Are there any tools or past projects that I can refer to that will make my life easier
  • Look at the small steps in front of you and pay no mind to the big task that you have been assigned to do 
  • Always allocate time for you to rest, and work on not tiring out so easily 
  • Whatever you do, always put on a smile no matter how tired you may be
The rest sound like cliches that are the result of society's influence on your mentality like:
  • Strive to be the best! 
  • You create your own opportunities 
which although are true, leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Bleh 

Hearing my coworkers talk about long hours and doing menial tasks makes me wonder what I want in my professional life, and how my needs now may affect my progression in the future. I just wanna do a braindead job and make money man. I don't think I have a high expenditure, but I think that's because I live with my family at the moment. That being said I don't plan to get married and have children, so I'm not really sure what my professional life will be like. However, I do have 2 years left as a student so I do have time to think about it, but I feel like when the time comes for me to get a job I will just dive straight into it, and forget about the rest. I do hope that I do spend time to practice on my writing when the time comes. It does seem to be a craft that I never get better at unfortunately. A lot of time, effort and concentration is required to improve, at least at my current level. 

School has started again as I was unfortunately not given a weekday holiday to rest and relax, so I am trying to use the first few weeks to thoroughly enjoy my time, although the first day was full of hectic moments. Hopefully things slow down before they pick up again. I think I have too many hobbies that I want to attend to. Not sure if having to drop them as things get busy is a sign of a reprioritisation in a life that I found was already perfect.

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts