Bali!

This year, my family decided to spend the Christmas holidays in Bali as it will probably the last Christmas that I will ever spend in Indonesia. Next year, unless any unexpected events occur, I will be returning to Singapore to continue my studies in preparation for the IGCSE exams unless my mum is unable to find a school that caters for the IB program (see post entitled " The IGCSE mock examinations").

There are many things that I dread about in Singapore, such as the tough education system as well as the constant heat that causes headaches for the many citizens living in Singapore (8 out of 10 civilians in Singapore suffer from a chronic headache). I dread the expensive prices in every restaurant of store I come across and the overcrowded subways and buses which have a slight tendency to break down. However, if my dad's job requires our family to move, who am I to argue?

Not wanting to stray off from the point, we arrived in Bali this morning. My other relatives in Singapore and Australia have decided to join us to celebrate the Christmas we never had the opportunity to celebrate the day before and enjoy the sunshine and beaches in Bali, probably to avoid the heat in Singapore as well.

Bali is probably one of the best tourist places to go in Asia. Although highly disorganised, the cities offer wonderful beaches and constant sunshine, two of many factors which encourage tourism. My uncle, a surfer, comes to Indonesia whenever he can to enjoy the 15 feet waves available here. Because of the Christmas holidays, he obtained the opportunity to come here not only to surf the waves, but also to visit his other family members he has not seen in many months.

My father, being a banker, has many powerful connections and as a result, managed to arrange for us to be in a very grand hotel in Bali for free. I am right now writing this blog post in the business center as it is the only place where I can receive Internet connection. I have decided to write this today as I fear that I will be unable to write another post tomorrow due to the arrangements my parents, as well as their friends, might have in store for me and my brothers.

Not wanting to waste the time I have with my family now, I will now end this post by showcasing one of the most beautiful beaches in Bali, the Lovina Beach, well known to tourists for its sealife.

Comments

Popular Posts