Back to School

Just as soon as school starts, tests are flung straight at us, almost so fast that we are not fast enough to recover from the attack before more are flung at us. Graduating from Year 10 and moving on to Year 11, our IGCSE year, one can understand the reason for the urgency emitted by teachers, head leaders and yours truly. Having studied ahead during the holidays, I remain ahead of the metaphorical "game" and continue to impress teachers with my omniscient knowledge, which in fact was actually knowledge studied previously.

However, since this will be my last year in Secondary school, I have taken the initiative to engage as many leadership roles as possible. I have applied to the Student Council, of which this year will be my second year due to my re-election as a committee member, the Eco Council, of which I have not the slightest clue of their duties on the school grounds, and the Peer Support Council, of which deals with the mental stresses of teenage everyday life, many of which would no doubt be very trivial. I have begun to look more seriously towards tests, with myself studying a week in advance at the very most. However, as expressed by many of my friends, these are only topic tests of which do not require you to do your best as they will not be recorded in any way shape or form with the exception of the mark on the paper and the spreadsheet, which will only be used for the teachers reference. I think it is safe to assume that one should take every test seriously, and I saw the fruits of my labour soon after I received back my results, of which were close to perfect with small, careless mistakes on my part to fail me from getting a perfect score.


I soon expect news from the Eco Council and the Peer Support Council on my application, which will also include an interview. However I remain optimistic as there is nothing more to do than to simply sit and wait. I will be joining the Model United Nations Activity once again and if any of my readers are mature enough to sit and read this blog, I will be waiting for you at the final round in Bankok.

Things are looking up for me this year, and I hope for a good academic year ahead. What about you my dear readers, anything good to look forward to this year? I wish you all the very best.

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts