Islamic Protests- Jakarta

If any of my readers have been keeping up with the news, one would know that there has been a huge amount of unrest among the Muslim community due to the release of a YouTube video which portrays the Prophet Mohammed in ways that are insulting and abusive. The video was released by an Anti-Islamic individual, who posted it online with the pure intention of making a joke out of the Prophet Mohammed.

As a blogger who likes to himself as the omniscient and the one who sees things from above, I do not wish to go into such issues in detail and would rather the two parties, the Americans and the Muslim community fix the problem by themselves. However, the effects are devastating; if most of you don't already know, Muslim demonstrations and assaults have occurred inside and in the vicinity of the American Embassy in many Muslim countries such as Afghanistan, Libya and Jakarta, coincidentally the my country of residence. The attack in Libya has lead to the death of the American Ambassador of Egypt and much more blood will be shed if the issue is not resolved as soon as possible.

However, I have always wondered what the country affected will be like towards the citizens, those wishing to not be affected. It is because of this that I have asked Afghan friend what Afghanistan was like during the duration of his stay. It his time of stay that military turmoil occurred there and, if I'm not wrong, is still enduring. It's amusing how, after asking so many times of inquiry, I end up being the one who's country of stay is affected. However, despite the media exaggerating it so much, I wouldn't have known about the event had it not been written online. The media always pictures it as something that affects the whole country; something that causes all economic transactions to come to a standstill, something that causes so much destruction and disarray that there seems to be no end.

How foolish I was to think such a thing! One has to be realistic about events that have occurred. One has to realise that there are places of security as well. It was something that I did not realise but have begun to realise when my Afghan friend stated that most of the military turmoil and fighting occur far away from the city, as both parties prefer to avoid the loss of innocent life. This makes perfect sense, and it was completely idiotic of me not to realise that in the first place.

It is today's post dear readers, that I start to realise things that I should have known a long time ago. I am only fifteen, and although I have learned a lot about the world that I live in, there is probably more yet to learn. There are places I haven't been to, places I haven't seen, events that I haven't experienced... The list goes on and on. The world is filled with people, all coming from different cultures. We should learn to respect them and understand their way of life; their culture. I do not know the events that will follow, but we must trust that it will end up with an understanding or a cease fire, as most conflicts end up with.



Comments

Popular Posts