IB Selection Evening

Today was IB selection evening, an evening allocated to students to help them realise what they wanted to do for the International Baccalaureate curriculum that they will undertake next year. I personally had already picked out my options that I intended to undergo. However it probably wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion and I therefore attended it, along with the other students who care deeply about their education.

It was disappointing to say that the introduction speech was bland and the same speech given multiple times to us at the same venue. It was therefore pointless. It was not pointless however, to talk to the teachers who could give me some insight about my topic of study. Although I must admit that they did have a lack of knowledge on the students and their difficulties, they did have an excellent way of making it sound as if that they have done their research. It's just a little disappointing on my part to notice this. However, this is just my opinion.

I have already decided on what to do and what I plan to do for the future, which was either a future in economics or physics as I have profound interest for both of them, although perhaps more so on physics (as you have seen me do before). I will pursue physics or economics, and the other topics I have selected all complement these two choices. 

I have already decided on my area of studies, of which I will study to the best of my abilities for the sake of my future career. How about you my dear readers, have you done anything as life changing as this one?


Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts