Moving Houses

It's out with the old, and in with the new, and once again my life changes as we start to read the next chapter of my life.

A few months ago my mother informed me that the property of our house exchanged hands to a person who wants to live in his newly purchased house. This, of course, meant that we had to move. Although the apartment that I am currently residing in has its excellent facilities and is able to sustain my standard of living and more, I didn't want to move to another unit in the same apartment. I only have two more years before I graduate and leave this beautiful city (although regarded by many as otherwise. I beg to differ) and I don't want to spend it living in the same place. A change of scenery would be good and different, perhaps adding a little more flavour into my life.

It was then decided that I was going to live in another apartment, one close to the mall for a change. This was different as I have never actually lived in an apartment for a long period of time nor have I ever lived in one close to a mall. I was also going to get my own room, which is a test of a new form of independence as I have never slept in a room without the presence of my brothers. The unit on this new apartment was high up, which also meant that I would no longer have to contend with the tremendous amount of mosquitoes that never failed to bite me whenever I were to lose my guard, even at night.

So this move means a whole lot to me, both in my life in Jakarta and to my independence as a man, although that may be a little over exaggerated. My internet would be down for a few days, which is expected, but I do hope to get back online and continue posting soon enough.


This is the computer generated version of my new apartments, of which the mall Plaza Senayan is nearby.

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts