New Year's Eve in Bali

Similar to last year, I spent the end of the year in Bali with my dad's friend and his family. It was nostalgic to see them again as their family has not changed a bit and seeing them again brought me back into the past. Our accomodation was in a new hotel newly built by my dad's friend (for the coherency of the blog post, I may just call him George). It was still in it's trial run (as a gamer, I call this "beta testing") and our stay there was partly to test out the new rooms. We were assigned the suites of the hotel, two of them; one for my parents and the other for me and my brothers. Needless to say, the rooms (or should I say the suites) were amazing. 

Despite going to Bali countless of times, there is always something to do. Even for a homebody like me, going to the beach (which I would consider one of the worst things to do) turned out to be enjoyable. I also fully got to respect the effects of sunblock, as I finally got to see which parts of my body I failed to protect due to my inability to reach them due to the limitations of my flexibility. That and the fact that my brother failed to put enough sunblock on the right spots on my back. 

Almost all events that took place within the day was at the beach, while all events that took place within the night basically involved me sleeping, entirely knackered from the day. Some of the things I did I did last year such as the water sports I did last year (refer to the blog post from last year for more) but doing it with friends that I became more familiar with compared to last year made everything all the more fun.

I did get to try white water rafting, which I often thought of as very dangerous (I have my mother's rambling to blame for that). In hindsight, it reminds me of the water rides that you often took in amusement parks. There was not much difference between the two. However my analysis could be bias due to the route that I took in particular for the white water rafting adventure.

The trip to Bali was exciting, and I recommend you try the trip to Bali for yourself. I recommend the Grand Mirage (which I went to last year) or Sumabe for couples (which I took this year) 

Samabe, Bali

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts