Taking a day off school

Although my SAT exams are around the corner, I really do not feel the need to study: I am completely spent, and although I took the weekend off to try and get back into the mood of studying, I am afraid to say that it will take a lot more days like that to get me back into the swing of things.

By pleading to my mother and promising to use the time at home to catch up for lost time at school, I managed to get a day at home and I must say, I do feel very comfortable at the moment. I finished my work, finished my homework and actually have enough time left to write on the blog. There is the SAT test to study for, but I will do that tonight.

Because my brothers were all very busy today, I found myself at home alone. I must say that being the introverted person that I am, I managed to go through all my work very easily. Without any distracting or any expectations of me to do anything for the whole day and I may even get to sleep early today!

Being introverted is something that my father could never comprehend. A few days ago my dad said as a joke "the government is offering incentives to live in New Zealand, why not move there?". Although my family took it as a joke, I found it to be a very enticing offer. New Zealand is a beautiful country (search it up), it's quiet and it has such wonderful scenery. When I brought it up as a serious question, my family started to ridicule me. Although I must say that I was being spontaneous, the idea of moving was so very strange to them. As my family moves around quite often, I was rather shocked that they were so against it. One of the main arguments that they had was that 'there was nobody there' and I found it so strange how my father considered something I found to be a positive to me be a negative to him. Don't get me wrong, I am a philanthropist, but I am an introvert. There are times when I love meeting new people, but I do get tired of meeting  new people. My father on the other hand, gets energy from the new people that he meets.

And thus my day ends, quiet and peaceful. I must say that there is no special topic that I want to ruminate about, but I just talked to myself today, and that might not be a bad thing.



Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts