Meeting the audience in reality

If you follow any of the other blogs I write, you would notice that there is one blog that has bloomed a lot more profoundly than the rest and that would be the blog entitled "Matthew's Poetry Analysis", a blog which I published showcasing all the poetry notes that I have written for IGCSE. The link is here: www.matthewspoetryanalysis.blogspot.com

I was pleased when the blog is reaching half a million views, but I was surprised when I was recognised in reality. The year 11s in my school, upon meeting me for their orientation day were shouting "it's him! Matthew's Poetry Analysis!". At the time I was surprised: never in my life did I think that the numbers which showed who has visited my blog could be comprised of my closest friends or people in my country until today. What I soon realised is that these people are much closer than I think and it was interesting to know that people recognised me from my work more than anything else.

The primary point of me starting a blog is to create an archive of all my best note with the secondary function of giving the public a medium of which they can read what I write if they deem it entertaining enough and I am quite amazed/thankful/proud that the latter has given me much more satisfaction than I could ever imagine.

I know I have said this many times, but I cannot wish to express enough how proud I am of the blogs I have written and how it is one of the proudest things that I have ever done in my life. I do hope that in the future these blogs would continue to grow so that the lessons that I learn in life, whether through english or through my life experiences, may be shared to every person in the four corners of the world.



Cheers,
Matthew Tan


Comments

Popular Posts