Grinding

In gaming, we have a term known as grinding. This is very common in RPGs and MMOs when you are made to kill monsters for the sole purpose of leveling up to do quests and to be granted other level-restricted privileges.

I say this now not only because my friends have started playing the game known as Warframe, which requires a lot of grinding, but also because I feel that that is how my life is right now: grinding to get the day over with, and to get knowledge into our heads. But in this routine world, it's nice to know that doing nothing all day gets you somewhere (or helps you level up), you just don't know what it is just yet. I think grinding describes the idea perfectly. Don't you?

As the term suggests, nothing particularly interesting has happened in my life, but I am working towards a goal that I have not seen yet.

Blog updates:
One thing that I have done different to this usual grind is to update my poetry analysis blog!
http://matthewspoetryanalysis.blogspot.sg/

I have included the following extracts, each of which were tested as part of my IOC.
  • Macbeth Act 1 Scene 5 (two extracts)
  • Macbeth Act 1 Scene 7 (two extracts)
  • Macbeth Act 2 Scene 2 (one extract)
  • Anthem for Doomed Youth by Wilfred Owen
  • Disabled by Wilfred Owen
  • Ducle by Wilfred Owen
  • Mental Cases by Wilfred Owen
  • The Send-off by Wilfred Owen

So this is a short update on my blog, can't deviate too far from the grind, so I will end this post off here.

Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts