Fifa Elections

Apologies for not being able to blog for the past two weeks (hopefully I didn't lose much readership during that time interval). I have been stuck doing work and studying for tests. With the break only two days away, I can finally relax at home. Despite not being free from work at school I am free from homework and thus I finally have time to do one of my most favourite things of the week: Blogging to the world.

So while I was being away from all forms of social media in my attempt to 'focus' and 'study', my dad traveled the world. Acting as an ambassador of the Singapore Football Association, he traveled to visit other national football teams and in the last leg of his trip voted for the new Fifa president in Zurich. The visit was two weeks long, just as long as for how long I have been inactive.

The world at Fifa has been rather hectic. Blatter was on inspection for charges of corruption, and yet he was reelected (probably due to the bribery that he has done before the election and corruption charges took place? That is the only reason that I can think of. God knows he was a bad president). Then, after being reelected, he decides to resign and calls for another election, thus promising my dad a trip back to Zurich from Singapore and all transit stops in between. How I envy him.

With this in mind I am only thankful that the World Cup is 3 years away and Fifa has the capacity to plan years in advance. As a fellow organizer of events (although obviously at a much smaller scale) I too know the meaning of planning ahead, and I am thankful that Fifa was fast enough to do so, lest I won't be able to watch the World Cup in 2018.

I do hope to see this issue resolved soon, and hope that Blatter receives justice from all that bribery money, which became apparent recently when viewing his list of recent transactions.

In the meantime I will be working, blogging and trying my very best to be the best that I can be at everything.



From your little friend in Singapore,
Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts