Life, time and boredom

One of the more complex emotions that I hate to feel is the feeling of boredom. Being bored not only shows that you have failed to treasure the free time you are given but it also shows that one is not creative enough to find a good use for it. As such it only shows the extent of which you make full use of the short life that God has given you.

However, it is nice to feel bored at times, for it shows that for once in your life you have a period where there are no requirements of you, but you should not let that moment linger for longer than a moment, for you should use the time to find something that gives you peace away from your hectic life.

As for me, I am stuck in a bit of a rut. Having no memorable experiences between my time off and on army (due to many of my friends being busy with their own army schedules), I find myself empty headed and nothing to stimulate me mentally. As such I find time passing me by without me properly treasuring it. I feel neither bored nor happy, but I just feel time ebbing away as I slowly succumb to the life of a vegetable. It is good that I had this sudden feeling of boredom as it finally helped me to recognise what the problem is and what it is that I need to do in order to solve the issue.

Within the next few weeks, keep in tune with my other blogs, as I shall be analysing Wilfred Owen's "Music And Sentry" poetry composition to pass the time. It feels exhilarating to get something productive done for someone else for the first time in a long time.



Cheers,
Matthew Tan

Comments

Popular Posts